Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chair Makeover

So here are some before pictures of the chairs in the office and some details of the finished pieces. I found three of these lovelies at a furniture consignment store and got them to reduce the price a little! I guess they had been there for awhile...crazy! Anyway I scored them for $125 (that's for all three)! Yay! I knew I wanted to change the upholstery and paint them. They were kind of a white washed oak color, which could be fine, but it kind of had a pink tinge to it. Anyway I decided that an off-white would be best. I also wanted to use a fun graphic fabric on the front and a contrasting fabric on the back. They really get you coming and going! I'll try and get the re-upholstering how-to post together soon!

                                                                            AFTER

                                                                           BEFORE
Here are some close-ups 


5 comments:

  1. I am most impressed! These are just fabulous looking and I am blown away by the price tag! You did amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your tutorial. I really, really, really like the way you used a different fabric in the back. They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible and at such a great price! I wish I had this kind of luck at consignment stores! I'll have to keep an eye out :)

    <3 kris&kel
    www.krisandkel.com

    ReplyDelete